Thursday, September 27, 2018

Southeast Connector as Bicycle Infrastructure.

Smooth sailing on the connector path.
I have a love hate relationship with the Southeast Connector.  A little context....if you ride it, you can see my house's back yard across the wetland.  Meaning, I used to have a really silent, remote back yard and now I definitely get some traffic noise during the commute hours.  On the up side, I don't think I've every seen a bicycle facility that gets more daily traffic.  There is literally almost no time when I can't look out my back window and see a cyclist or runner using the path!  And it serves a much needed route from the South Meadows and Double Diamond areas all the way to Sparks, Legends Mall, and beyond.

Last night it proved its worth when I met up with some old friends for dinner.  It sure was nice to ride a 10 mile round trip and not have to mingle with auto traffic!

And it's even lit across some of the bridges!


No comments:

Post a Comment