Monday, August 20, 2012

Cargo Bike refresher!

I posted reblogged this back in October last year.  However, I was reading Reno-Rambler's site yesterday and he had it posted. 

It really reminded me why I like riding a 50+ pound bike every day.  Not just because it can carry things.....(because usually it's pretty empty)....but because it represents the potential to change.  It doesn't mean you don't own a car, but it means if you want to you can get to the grocery store without one, or ride downtown to see a show and bring a chair, or carry work cloths without starting the day with a sweaty back.

 Anyway, it's a feel good video about the potential bicycles offer and it made me smile.  Hopefully, it will get you one your bike!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EcoVelo posted this one today (so I'm shamelessly reblogging).



This one hits home with me.  I think I rode to work the first time just because one of my buddies was going to.  Then I did it because it was an easy way to sneak some exercise in.  As I started riding more often I found that if I wanted to do something after work I just continued on the bike.  Eventually, this meant I was carrying more and more stuff for the day and my bag got larger and larger and larger.  After a while I wanted to carry more than a bag was practical for and making the transition to a cargo bike (xtracycle) was the logical choice.

For more info:   LizCanning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment