Friday, August 17, 2012

Umm...ok, park the garbage truck on the bike path.

The morning started out pretty normal....coffee, shower, riding in to work with wifey.  Stopped by the Raley's for some bread.  Headed down through downtown.  Nice cool morning, perfect for riding.  As usual I'm always looking for something to snap a picture of so I can put it up here.  Today however, it was pretty hard to miss!


I was so stunned by the full sized garbage truck parked on the river path that I didn't even stop short for a picture.  Well, actually, I was concentrating to try to fit between the garbage truck and the railing!  Then I remembered to stop and take a picture. 

I'm not sure what's up with this.  There aren't any trash bins along the river here so he's not working.  I guess he's just trying to stay out of the way....which this does not accomplish.  How about one of the many empty parking spaces on the road.

The other part that bugs me is that it's hard enough to keep the bike trail maintenance up....the sidewalk/path isn't designed for this type of load and if they get in the habit of this it will crack the concrete and cause damage that has to be repaired.  I'm sure their not thinking about this but come on....let's use a little common sense!

Either way, it definitely made my morning unusual...anybody else see something interesting on their commute?

1 comment:

  1. Multani Auto Fab is specialized in Trailer and Container, Storage Van, Bulkers, Multi Utility Van, Liquid Carrier, Load Body, Tipper Body, Trailer and ContainerGarbage Tipper manufacturers

    ReplyDelete