Tuesday, December 13, 2011

River Path Update.

Shake the frost and ice out of your beard (or scarf ladies), the results are in for the river path light pole stats and the upgraded entrance ramp.

First up, the construction I noted last week at the "entrance" of the river path was indeed an expansion of the graded section from curb to street level, so you shouldn't have any problem entering even if pedestrians are present (so bunny hopping the curb isn't necessary).  Just for note, I don't believe it is possible to bunny hop an Xtracycle so this works out great for me.




So the other note for today is I did count the lights that were on vs. off on my commute home last night.  Just as a refresher, last week I counted them (each and every one) as I rode in.  Between the automobile museum and fisherman's park there are 92 lamp posts.  I guessed that 50 to 75 percent were not working.  The real numbers (drum roll please) are:


 45 lights like this (working).


47 lights like this (not working).

So for you math folks out there that works out to 49 % working and 51 % not working.  And to top it off, the lights that do work are in some of the nicer areas like parks.  The areas most likely not to work....under bridges and in the longer isolated sections of the trail.  NOT a good combination of factors for safety!

Anyway, those are the numbers.  Now on to the hunt for the most important number....the one that reaches the person who can get these lights working again.  I'll keep you updated if I find it!


No comments:

Post a Comment