Thursday, July 10, 2014

Motivation....and music!

Over the long weekend I attended High Sierra Music festival up in Quincy with some good friends.  In addition to being exposed to some great music, we took a really nice bike ride.  I have zero pictures of the ride.  Don't know why it didn't occur to me to take the phone.

As a short description of the ride.....we were on Xtracycles that weigh 50 plus pounds each.  We took a beautiful "leisurely" ride that climbs and descends a lot.  I don't have a granny gear on my Xtra.....  I think the preacher enjoyed this fact just a little bit!!  The turn around point has an awesome hidden spring to fill up your water bottle with really cold water and it's at a beautiful riverside camp site.  There were speeds of 40+ mph!! on the downhills.  So grinding the hills was totally worth it!

To be honest, it wasn't that much elevation gain.  It just comes at you in steep intervals.  While I definitely stood more than usual to climb....it wasn't that bad even on the xtra.



The general vibe of the festival event looked something like this:
 
Plan you band schedule....

Hang out in camp....bicycles ready for action in the background.

Mandatory beers and jungle juice on tap....

Listen to a ton of great music....

Repeat....

Crash back at camp.



1 comment: