Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bike Lane Obstruction....

Last week a rider was killed on Mill St. (my daily commute route).  While it's sad and should spark conversation and improvements....the even sadder part is it probably won't.  I'd be surprised if the driver even faces any penalties although he cost someone their life.

So, the other day I did something I usually don't do.  I got mad enough to stop on Mill St. and remove the unused construction signs that have been blocking the bike lanes for more than 6 months!

Before:

Even more of a slap in the face that it's next to the Bike Route signage!

After:

I did it at a second location as well.  My question is how can the City of Reno allow these to remain (unused) even after a rider is killed on this very street?  And I know that the short answer is they don't even know that construction crews practice this type of errant blockage of bike lanes, but I think it's time they wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment