Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bridge repair.


So all you river path users know that just past Champion Park, the river path crosses to the North side of the river via a pretty nice pedestrian bridge.   The deck of the bridge is made out of some type of rough cut lumber and has always been a bit on the bumpy side, but no big deal.









Well, last week someone (the parks department?), put some plywood patches on a few sections.  I'm not really sure why.  I don't think we were in any danger of punching through and dropping to our deaths in the raging river below. 

The patches themselves are made out of 1/4 plywood and have nice 45 degree cuts on the sides (presumably to reduce the bump) and they seem to be secured well enough.  I'm just not sure they really make a difference.

I'm guessing the bump to go up and over the patch is about the same as the bump they cover.  And the rest of the rough cut lumber is still it's normal bumpy self.  So I'll call it maintenance and say the parks department is looking out for our well being.  I think I'd rather they spent the $$$ on a bum patrol once a week in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment