Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Complete Streets a Reno overview.

This presentation is courtesy of Michael Moreno and RTC staff via our last Regional Transportation Committee meeting.  In my option, RTC has the right mindset on making our community more livable.  While complete streets is just one aspect of this, I've been impressed with the depth of the thought process our regional planners, advisory staff, and traffic engineers (yup, these guys are even on board) are going through in evaluating and improve our infrastructure for all modes of transportation.  It's a slow process to get through all the planning and get these types of designs implemented, but the RTC is turning the corner and we're seeing the results all around town!




LOS = Level of Service (meaning how many cars it handles in a "reasonable" time.




ADT = average daily trips (I think).

p.s.  I know some these have small fonts and are hard to read.  The maps are just not up to snuff even in my "original" copy.  I will send you the whole report if you leave a comment with your email but they're still hard to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment