Thursday, June 27, 2013

Canada bike infrastructure.

Ok, I've been back long enough that I can start to put together a post on some of the stuff I saw in Edmonton (Alberta).  I was only in Edmonton for about 15 hours but I made time for a run and a walk to a local beer bar.  I know you guys don't want to hear me ramble on about this too much, so I'll keep it photo centric (crappy cell phone pics but at least pics).

A view from the hotel....and yes, I see that I misspelled "their" in the text.


Leaving the bluff top hotel they have very nice stairs down to the river.  Notice the wooden edge rail on the steps for rolling your bike up the steps!!

A family out for the evening bike, including kids in a trailer.  It's hard to tell here but these aren't just sidewalks.  They have additional width and are designated bike routes!

Here's a whole network of paths along the river that lead all all over the city!

Including "Sugar Bowl", which was a nice little beer bar with 50+ beers on tap and some really good food!

I took an alternate route home along a bike/ped specific lane on the double decked bridge.

Another example of separated bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure.  The bike path is on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment