Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Debris (Large Scale and Small Scale).

If you didn't notice....I was out of town (yet again) last Thursday and Friday to visit family in Colorado.  While I was there, the town of Manitou Springs had a nice little cloudburst, dropping 1 1/2 inches of rain in an hour.  Combined with the fact that the entire mountainside above the town had burned last year, this lead to major mudflows and flooding.  Flooding that carried 40 cars away and moved buildings off foundations!!  This was personally tragic for me because it cancelled the Manitou Springs Lager festival I was in town for (I know, I know, very small problem compared to the town folks). 





Anyway, while riding in this week I notice we must have had a bit of rain and flooding here while I was gone.  The evidence.....minor debris/mud flows across the river path.





This isn't even one of the more impressive ones.....but it was where I actually remembered to stop and take a picture.  The coolest part is that someone from the parks department has already been out and shoveled the bulk of the debris off the trail!  How's that for service!?  So watch out for a bit of sand and gravel on the trail this week and be sure to say thanks if you see any city park workers out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment