Thursday, August 22, 2013

What a prick.....

I bet you think this is another angry rant about an experience on the road.....but it isn't!  It's about how awesome my new Schwable Marathon Supreme tires are!  I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Shit, another goat head.

Removed goat head....wait shouldn't I hear a hissing in the background?
That's the thing....I found this sucker (and it's not the first one in these tires) and gingerly removed it, waiting for that inevitable hiss that follows this most times.  But....but....no hiss!  Sweet!!  And p.s. there are no tuff strips in these babies!

A little background.  Most of my (and wifey') bikes have Pasela Tour Guard tires complete with tuff strips for added flat protection.  In general this combo makes for (knock on wood) a pretty puncture resistant set up.  However, once in a while a goat head will get just to the side of the tuff strip and cause a problem.  I like these tires because they are inexpensive, puncture resistant, are light weight, and has old school gumwalls.

So why bite the bullet and get the most expensive "puncture resistant" tire on the market?  Well, I needed something that came in a relatively huge size 2.0 x 29.  This limits one's options.....and it's supposed to be the best...and we're doing Cycle Oregon this year......and I hate flats.....and, and, and....

So anyway, so far they seem to be up to the challenge.  We'll see how the miles add up and look back on this again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment