Monday, April 28, 2014

Earth Day.

The one day that everyone who never rides a bike is almost required to ride a bike.  It was kinda refreshing to see all the bike traffic on the roads and cars having to wait a bit for them.  The celebration as a whole was dampened a bit by the cool, windy weather but I'd still say it gets bigger every year.  I was genuinely surprised by the number of booths and bands.  Anyway, here's some pics from me wandering around.

Kiwanis bike sale...and there were some nice ones.

The Raleigh Olympian would have come home with me if was a bit larger frame!

People and booths.

More people.

More people and more booths.

Reno Bike Project...Valet Parking!

One of 5 band tents!

Hula Hoop Fun.

Cool tall bike with spiral tubing (an old drill bit I believe).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast!!! Thank you so much for posting the pics. It is nice to see such a big turnout and it didn't look like the weather was as windy and cold as it was that morning.

    I missed it because I had to leave after the Women's Bike to Brunch to help my husband track down my cell phone. It had dropped out of the inside pocket of my jacket while I was riding to brunch and didn't realize it until I got to the restaurant. He eventually recovered it.

    ReplyDelete