Wednesday, April 23, 2014

So...is this a new source of money for bike projects?

I recently found out (via Reno Rambler) that we finally got a bikey license plate option.  And yes, most people who ride bikes do own cars, so you will be seeing these!  Apparently, they look something like this:


So, this morning I saw this article over at KTVN channel 2 News.


Basically, it says that the Lake Tahoe license plate $$$ are used for projects around Lake Tahoe.  I think this is awesome!  So, my question is, do the $$$ generated from the new Share the Road plates go to bicycle infrastructure projects!?  I know I'll be asking that question at the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board (BPAC) meeting tonight.  And if you happen to want to join the fun...the meeting is tonight at 6:30 pm RTC Board Room, 2050 Villanova Drive, Reno.

No comments:

Post a Comment