Monday, November 9, 2015

Cold Weather Riding Conundrum!

Ok, I know a lot of folks stop riding when it gets colder.  I don't happen to be one of them...in fact, I think it makes the commute that much more interesting.  It's really just about dressing for the weather.  After you've done it for a while it's second nature.  However, I do have one particular area that always seems get exposed to the cold.


Yep, the wrist.  I don't know if I have an exceptionally large "ape index" (how long your arms are vs. your body) or if clothing manufacturers just don't make sleeves that are long enough when your arms are extended.  It's a problem I have with almost all of my long sleeved shirts when riding.

I feel like I need to invent a "wrist buff" since most cycling specific gloves don't have much of a gauntlet.  Who knows....it might just be a million dollar idea.  Anyway, that's the worst part of cold weather riding for me.  What sends a shiver up your spine on the commute?

1 comment:

  1. Get the Patagonia R1 or something similar with what I call "hand panties"

    ReplyDelete