Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A hop, skip, and a JUMP to work!

Ok, so the Xtracycle is out of action for a few weeks, so I'm relying on some of my other bikes.  I've got a nice road bike and a mountain bike to choose from.  I'm riding the mountain bike so far.  Why you might ask....because I need to change a tire on the road bike, and apparently I'm really lazy!

So, why is this worth even mentioning.  Here's why.....



Yep, jumps along the river trail!  This is just one of several.  I've noticed them in the past and not really thought much about it.  The Xtracycle has always been my normal commuter and is NOT designed for these (and this has nothing to do with why it broke). 

Now I'm a decent mountain biker and I can handle my fair share of technical riding.  However, I have not really ridden straight up bmx style jumps in many years.  So I've been kind of taking the shoulder on these and building up to the full Monty.  Today is the first time I hit this one full tilt and boy o boy is it fun.  I'll try to get a few pictures of the others.  There is a nice hip jump where you get to do a little 30 degree turn while air born and a little launch jump that cuts off the river path at the entrance of Brod Head Park. 

So anyway, if your commute is a little chilly this week, try switching up the bike and hitting these!  It will get the adrenaline pumping and warm you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment