Friday, November 30, 2012

So....did you ride?

No pictures today folks.  As everyone probably knows it is dumping rain today (well at least for Reno).  Normally this type of weather totally gets me going for the ride.  I'm sure that makes most people think I'm nuts (and perhaps this is true), but it just takes the "normal" commute and makes it totally interesting to me!  It's not a big deal if you have fenders and a good waterproof jacket.  Besides, who doesn't remember the days when you used to aim for the puddles instead of avoiding them!

To that end....with the xtracycle out of commission I don't have a bike with fenders....

So, today I hoped a ride with wifey in the car (much to my chagrin).  It does have the advantage of being dry and we did manage to hit some puddles due to minor flooding under the bridges.  If fact, it's kind of cool to send that water flying in a car.  It definitely lacks the "stupid smile on your face" fun that riding a bike in the rain gives me, but mostly because you have to deal with traffic.  Anyway, that's my shameful story. 

Hope you had an enjoyable and wet commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment