Monday, January 14, 2013

Stupid human tricks...

I realize the title for this mornings post is a bit leading.  I'm also sure that everyone out there could write a nice little article under the same title.  The interesting part I suppose is that each one of our little rants would be different.  So without further ado here's mine for today.

Use a leaf blower to try to clear snow!  Now to preface this, I'm not talking about a regular homeowner who's having a lazy morning and just doesn't feel like shoveling.  I'm talking about a professional (using the term loosely) who does this as part of their job.



Yep, you guessed it.  A city worker.  Bless their souls....they try hard but they just don't have the right tools for the job.

Now to this poor guys credit.  He didn't call in sick today knowing that it was about 8 degrees out and he would be working outside.  And who knows, perhaps the leaf blower keeps his back warm!  For the record it was freaking cold this morning.

How cold was it you ask!  Cold enough to freeze the Truckee river over!  I've seen ice flows in the river many times while riding.  I have not seen this progression of ice flow before.






So I guess the obvious stupid human trick here is to try to walk across the river this morning.  I didn't attempt it but keep an eye on the paper or evening news.  I'm sure some brave soul will take the initiative. 

In the mean time the final stupid human trick for this morning would obviously be to try to ride your bike in this weather!  So I've participated in the final category and in an hour my toes should thaw nicely.  So how about it can you add any tricks to the list this morning!?


No comments:

Post a Comment