Thursday, April 19, 2012

Automobile Parking....or.... I do what I want!

So now that 4th St. is my commute of choice it appears I'm going to have some new fodder to blog about.  For those of you not familiar with 4th St. it looks like this on a nice morning.


Please not that there are 4 lanes for traffic and that the right lane is extra wide so vehicles can park (for free) along the edge.   However, it is not cool to park on the sidewalk.  SIDE "WALK".....get it!  It is for pedestrians and walking, not another free parking space for employees.  And for the record all three of the vehicles pictured are employees.  They are here every day (although this parking method is new). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against having room to park on the edge of the street....I want the businesses that are on 4th St. to succeed and prosper and help make Reno the town it should be.  This is just one more example of how it acceptable to do things with a car that will land you in trouble in any other variation of the circumstance. Remember, it's not even legal to ride a bike on downtown Reno sidewalks....

No comments:

Post a Comment