Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Construction and Cycling.

Ok, yesterday I was spouting the benefits of getting on your bike when construction snarls our roads.  I'll stick to what I said...it makes riding your bike even better when you get to pass a ton of cars stuck at a standstill due to construction.  However, that same fact makes drivers (myself included) cranky, and sometimes seeing cyclists zipping along in the bike lane pushes them over the edge.  It may even make them fantasize about knocking us right out of our bike lane.


So....when construction contractors place detour / warning signs in the bike lane and force us to merge with traffic moving at speed, the potential for unpleasant interactions become exceedingly high!


So...I'm not sure where or how the signage needs to be placed...but I think we need a solution better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment