Monday, December 8, 2014

Why should we care about the Truckee River Bike Path?

Over the last month or so I've posted a few times on the River Path evaluation I'm trying to get some of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) folks (and you...if anyone reads this) interested in.  Just the basics really....how wide the path is, the asphalt condition, lighting, etc.

So why do I care?  Well, it's a direct link between Reno and Sparks for bikes and pedestrians and you don't have to worry about interacting with traffic.  It's scenic....it follows the river the entire way!  And if cleaned up and actually promoted for runners, walkers, bikers, etc. it can lead to things like this!


Bikes, Beer and Business: The Flat Tire Lounge from Russ Roca on Vimeo.


1 comment:

  1. I care, but im not sure I like the idea you have for the trail. Sure, improve the lighting if you can get the homeless to leave it alone. Ok, repave it in spots. But leave it narrow, twisty and hilly! Most bike trails are pretty bland without steep hills, wide and smooth. Heres a trail that is just as unique as Reno and I get a kick out of riding it in all its twisty, decrepit glory.

    ReplyDelete