Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flat tire blues?

I think at some point we've all been here.....


Yep, I knew it by the end of the ride last night.  That slightly bouncy feel with each peddle stroke that means the rear tire is going down.  Yet another goat head....seems like I'm on a roll with these things. 

So being the industrious guy I am....I left it for this morning.  This is usually a mistake for me, as I definitely require a cup of coffee and a bit of time to come around in the AM.  Today was no exception and by the time I should have been rolling for work I took a look at the tire.  For reference there were at least 2 other (of my bikes) within 5 feet of me, so I could have just chosen an alternate ride and been on my way.  Instead, I preformed the speediest patch I think I've ever done.  4 minutes.  Yep, for me that's speedy.  Just pop the tube out the side of the tire....quick rough up with sandpaper....slap on a no glue patch....pop the tube and tire back on....pump.....and ride.

So far so good, it got me to work.  Let's hope it holds for the ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment