Friday, November 8, 2013

What you see on a morning commute.

Talk about an ambiguous title.  It's been a while since I relaxed a little on the ride in.  Seems like I'm always in a hurry to get to work due to clients, projects, deadlines, etc.  Today was not one of those days. 

I rode in along Mill St. and as I was coming by Renown (on the "bike route" with no bike lane), I was happily reminded that if some inattentive driver does hit me right here, I'll probably be in the ER even faster than the unlucky guy arriving by this method.



That's not supposed to be as morbid as it sounded.  I wasn't thinking about getting hit or the lack of bike lanes on the bike route.  The truth is I was just looking at the sky, thinking about how nice the weather is this fall....and then helicopter.  So, I took a picture.

What I should say is that if you choose this route, it's not too bad.  I ride it regularly, and despite the lack of bike lanes, most drivers are patient and respectful even on this busy road.  So don't be afraid to give it a try if you need a direct route East-West across town.

No comments:

Post a Comment