Thursday, November 14, 2013

Really not digging the goatheads...

I'm just not loving these things.  I actually discovered this (well actually just a soft tire) when I went to ride in yesterday.  Since I hadn't actually seen the goathead at that point, I did the "logical" thing.  Pumped it up and road to work on it. 

When I got to work I saw what you see below.  The cool part about a goathead is that once they're in, the leak is often very slow.....until you remove them.  It's always kind of amazing to me that they actually act as their own plug.  Then of course you remove them and the tire goes down in about 30 seconds. 

Needless to say I'm getting really good at the sub-five minute patch jog....oh yeah, and this one held.

I seem to be finding a lot of these this year.  Here's the latest culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment