Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tires and Fenders and Weather.....What's your Combo?

I talked about my fender failure yesterday.  I didn't get motivated to solve my own issues until I saw the fresh snow on the ground this morning.  Fortunately, wifey is almost always up early (like 5 am) to head out the door for a run.  Yep, outdoors by 5:45 for 6 miles in fact. 

Anyway, this usually gets me out of bed earlier than I would naturally rise.  So today it was time to address the issues of fenders and tires.  And yes...coffee is definitely involved!

Yesterdays attempt lead to a bad bead seating and a tire wobble...and I completely gave up on getting the rear fender on.

It might not look any different...but now the bead is set correctly and there's no wobble.

Now with snow on the ground I glanced over at the studded tires.....

Hmmm....should I have thrown these on?  They are great when snow and ice are actually on the ground.....but with wet roads they are actually a bit slick.  And they roll like molasses!

Decision made....sticking with the regular tires until it really gets to snowing.  And I even had enough time to get the rear fender mounted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment