Monday, November 18, 2013

Magic river path reconstruction!

Ok, I've been on a cyclocross posting kick and other stuff has gone a bit by the wayside.  Since last Thursday a small miracle has occurred...the river path has been ripped out and replaced all in less than 4 days (ok....a portion of the path).  And of course because I'm the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board (BPAC) chairman, have tons of friends at RTC, and generally on the lookout for all things bikey.....I haven't heard a thing about this or who is responsible!  Anway, here's what it looked like.

I rode this to work last Thursday morning....and here's what I found on my return commute:

No posted detour this morning...but there is one this evening.  At least they put up a detour.

Out with the old!

The removal in action.
This morning, I didn't take the path because I just knew it would torn up for weeks.  Since I didn't see the detour signs out on the road, I rode over from the street route to the path just for a peak.  Imagine my surprise when I found this in front of my wheel!

Not even a bad seam!

Smooth asphalt from the auto museum to the park!
 So kudos to whoever is responsible (seriously who is doing this!!).  At this rate we could have the whole thing repaved before spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment