Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wintery Bicycle Path perfection.

Nothing special today.  Given the conditions yesterday, I was kinda thinking it might be an icy mess out there.  Really it wasn't too bad.  A little ice here and there but mostly just ice crystals on the roads with a few patches of "real" ice. 


The real news is the bike path was already plowed (again) within 24 hours!  Awesome job Reno parks department.  They seem to do a better job than the plow drivers on the streets....meaning they plow the path from edge to edge.  If the guys on the streets did this, the bike lanes wouldn't be boarder line unridable, due to the snow and large chucks of ice!

1 comment:

  1. wow you are lucky to have a bike path like that in winter. I commute on a folding bike and if it starts snowing while I'm at work, my bike and I take the bus home, since the roads and bike path are both a total mess.

    ReplyDelete