Friday, April 12, 2013

"Debris" in the bike lane....

So even though there hasn't been much in the way of posts this week, I have been riding every day.  I mean it is spring and the weather is pretty much perfect, so what can you do.   Lately, I've been noticing the "stuff" that ends up in bike lanes.  Now I expect the dirt and debris.....



However some of the non "normal" stuff really leaves you thinking.....What stuff you ask?  Well, lately, it's been nuts and bolts, like literally nuts and bolts that I can only imagine come from cars.  Nuts and bolts that come from cars and serve important functions, like holding said car together....or keeping the wheels on!!!

There aren't just a few either, I counted at least 15 on the way in today (and my rides is only 6.5 miles).

It really has me thinking that drivers on cell phone may be the least of our problems.  Now we have to worry about the guy who isn't just not paying attention and drifting in to the bike lane, but might actually not be in control of the car that's drifting into the bike lane!

So, while I don't really think this is a "real" problem.  Take a look around the next time you hit the road.  What do you find in the local bike lane?



No comments:

Post a Comment