Friday, September 27, 2013

Cyclocross time!



I've never done this before....in fact, I haven't ever been in a bike race of any kind.   Well, unless you count bmx races around the block when we were kids.  The first race in the series is over in Hidden Valley this weekend (tomorrow) if your interested.

To prep I stripped the Fargo down from touring configuration back to a lean, mean monstercross machine.  Ok, it's steel and rolls 29ers....so it isn't actually lean.....but it does look mean.   I'm hoping the course will actually favor these huge tires vs. the 33mm cyclocross tires ( and 14 lb carbon bikes) the rest of the field will be riding!

Touring tires, rack, and panniers are out.

Cyclocross / Monstercross machine is ready....and yes, I'll be racing with the flask and bell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment