Thursday, December 18, 2014

Habits.....



Yep, I took a picture of my bike with a couple lunch items set on the front fender, waiting to be put in a pannier for the trip to work.  I was thinking this indicated just how little actual material I had to blog about today.

What I realized however, is that this shows just how mundane a bike commute is.  It's exactly like the rest of the people in my neighborhood...swing by the grocery on the morning commute, grab something for lunch, and then head to work.

The only difference is I do it on a bicycle.  Here in the Reno that makes me rather unique....a one percenter if you will.  However, if I moved to Portland I'd be more like a 10 percenter, since many more people bike there.  Take it one step further and move to Holland and using a bike like this is just an everyday thing for most people.  Nothing special, not a big deal, just how they get around.

So, the next time you head out for a short trip to the store (or work) remember that getting in the car is just a habit.  And maybe...just maybe....it's not a good habit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment