Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When you just don't want to ride....ride anyway.

I realized I could have taken this picture any time...but it's from today (I promise), just to prove I rode.

Yep, that was my sentiment this morning.  I even went bed early last night....thinking I'd get in a run before the ride to work.  I tossed and turned and woke up a lot throughout the night.  In general I just didn't sleep well.  When I did wake up, I condemned the run option in favor of an extra cup of coffee.  It was 22 degrees out and I just wasn't feeling it.  I guess I'm not used to cold this year since winter has never arrived in the Sierra!

These thoughts quickly rolled into....hmmm....I could drive today.  At which point my brain announced to me that I was a complete pansy and that we would be rolling on only two wheels today...because that's the routine.  It's what we do every day, and today would be no different.

And there you have it.  Routine.  Yep, routine.  Sometimes that's why you ride.  Normally I'd argue that a little adventure, some exercise, slowing things down, or enjoying the things around you are what should put you on the bike.  But when the day is cold, the car is just sitting there, and the excuses start piling up....it's nice that the routine keeps you in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment