Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Weekend Report....Snow running!

Gateway to trail running heaven.


Hope you like switchbacks to start your morning!

Patagonia and Steamboat ditch (Tom Cooke) trail has been a staple of my running diet for years.  And since backcountry skiing was off the table with this storm and some ridiculously high avalanche danger....running was my next best choice.  This is what it looked like around 9 am Saturday....apparently it is a darn popular option on a snowy bluebird morning!

The key to running in 6-8 inches of wet snow?   Waterproof socks!  If you run, ride, or just generally like being outdoors regardless of the weather a good pair of Showerpass waterproof socks will make your life a little bit better.  I discovered them (not shockingly) while riding in Eugene, where rain and wet is a daily part of commuting....but they will get plenty of use in conditions like these!


They proved equally as useful for a Sunday morning follow up run at Hidden Valley Park.  While I've know about these trails for years, I rarely used them.  So if you're looking for some new terrain for mountain biking or running do some homework on Hidden Valley.  I'm sure I'll post more since I'm living here now....but there are a ton of great options. 

Hope everyone had as much fun in the snow this weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment