Friday, December 9, 2011

Bike path entrace gets an upgrade?

I was planning to ride in on the surface streets and the "dreaded" Mill St. (which is really pretty good), when I notice some orange cones at the entrance to the river path.


So being nosy and needing something to blog about I promptly changed plans.  It looks like they have redesigned or expanded the sidewalk / street interface. 


Sorry about the blur factor....cameras and bikes are fine until you make it 20 degrees and have medium weight gloves to work with!  From the looks of this shot I think they widened the portion of the sidewalk that grades down to street level so you don't have to funnel so narrowly to access the trail.  This is a pretty good improvement, as pedestrians and cyclist were often competing for space on the narrow entrance.


I'll swing by next week to see if my guess on the improvements is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment