Thursday, December 1, 2011

The shame....I didn't enjoy my commute last night.....or did I?



The day started off with extra miles to deliver some things to a convention I'm working at the Nugget in Sparks.  No problem, sun was shining and I got to alter my route to work, plus I got in a few extra miles.  Everything is bikey and great!

Then off to the office for a day that was jam packed.  My mood at this point is still good, but I seem to be sighing a lot.  No problem the ride to back to the Nugget should charge up the batteries right?  Yeah, the wind was not my friend on the way over....batteries and mood still low.

Sitting the booth at the convention and chatting with clients went well.  It did pretty much suck the rest of my energy out.  Now it's 7:30 and it's bloody cold and windy as hell.  Also notice I lost one of my locks today.  Have about 10 miles home in a headwind.  For the first time in about 4 years I am not really loving it....Oh the shame!

Turns out even though it was a slow (10mph max) ride, the headwind warms you up in about 2 minutes!  And I rode straight up Victorian/4th St. so I go to see an area I don't ride that often.  The hill kick my butt, but boy did I sleep like a rock last night.

Overall, bike commuting vs. bad attitude and no energy.....  Bike commuting still wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment