Monday, November 5, 2012

Sorry, My weekend was better than yours!

Last weekend was the 1st Annual Great Basin Beer Relay (benefiting the one and only Nevada Land Trust).  Basically it's a 40 mile race with teams of four people.  Each person runs two 5 mile legs and you get a Great Basin beer for free at the end.  Oh, and it's along the river path.....so you know I'm up for it!

Since it's my commute...and the river path....our team decided to ride bikes in between our legs rather than drive.  Yep, if you're doing the math, that's ride 30 miles, run 10 miles.  It turned out awesome, and looked like this.

The bicycle line up.....note two xtracycles, one with a prepped beer!


At the start, the 55 teams in the ready!

The course included the new cycle track on Nichols Blvd.!

Rolling support crew at the ready.  Yep, it was 35 degrees at the start!

The runners hit their stride early!  Nine minute miles out of the gate!

The first hand off of the wrist band!  From rider to runner!

The reason we're here....word number 3!

Duel xtracycle support means cold beer and hot coffee at the ready....along with all the treats you can eat!

Oh, I mean Gatorade.....yeah, Gatorade on the fly!

At the finish....beer was definitely the only thing getting me across this line!

The rewards!

Ok, so that was one day of my weekend.  Hope you had as much fun and suffered as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd found your blog BEFORE this event! My husband Todd and I would have loved to participate!

    ReplyDelete