Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Backcountry ride to the Brewing Lair.

Ok, I've been mentioning this on and off for a while now.  I intend to get out on a backcountry / bikepacking tour.  My intention in the long run is to have a route that gets me up to Klamath Falls where I can link in with the newly established Oregon Outback route (360 miles from Klamath Falls to Deschutes).  This is a preliminary "imagined" route that gets me up to Blairsden and the Brewing Lair.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/351588863#

It's probably 75% gravel, forest service road, or fire road and there is some climbing but I think it looks like a doable first leg.  It also doesn't hurt that it ends at a brewery!  If I do the next leg correctly I think I'll have it end at Lassen Ale Works.  Then not only will this be a touring gravel grinder, but a brewery tour to boot!  Anyway, have a look or check it out over at map my ride....I made it public so you can get a look at the details.  If you're really bored you can watch it on the google earth flyby below:



Just a heads up.....at a about 4 minutes in you'll be on the Verdi ride....just turning on Bridge St.  Then you hit gravel and the fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment