Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The reason for good bike lights!

I've been lazy as of late.  I admit it and I'd even call it cheating, but I've been catching a ride home with wifey and throwing the bicycle on the rack.  In the mean time she is putting in massive morning treadmill miles and I've started to feel like a bit of a loser.  So yesterday I decided it was time to get back in the saddle (such as it were) and ride home. 

This was immediately interrupted by friends planning to hit Great Basin for beer after work.  I responded by raising my game....riding for beers and then home.  So it was fully dark when I finally hit the river path from the trip from Sparks back to Reno.  Fortunately, I have good lights on the bike.....because the lights on the path either seem to be out or not on a correct timer.

Nothing new I suppose, they were this way last year until I found the right person to get them working.  I guess it's going to be a yearly thing on the to do list.

This is what it looked like last night.

At least ONE light was working under the Sutro underpass.

No such luck at the East 2nd St. underpass.  They seem to keep the street lights running up on the road...just not the ones on the path!

Not a great scenario when the homeless already frequent the area.

Basically everywhere highlighted in red the majority of lighting was out or turned off.  Hence the need for good bike lights!
 
Once you get into Reno proper it seems to not be an issue.  The lights were burning bright at the ice rink and at Wingfield island too.
 So anyway, if you are doing the evening commute be sure to keep these lights charged or the dynohub turning!


No comments:

Post a Comment