Monday, November 24, 2014

Sagebrush Cyclocross Series Wrap Up.


Well, the Reno Sagebrush Cyclocross series came to an end on Saturday.  The weather couldn't have been better.  A total mix that no one could predict until the moment you left the starting line.  It was sunny and low 60's with high winds for the early race, and then temperatures dropped as a front moved through for the second race and it started to rain (although it didn't last)!  Then it was back to sunshine for the last race.

A sunny, beautiful start for the Men's C, Men's C+35, and Women's B and C groups.

As usual, Reno Bike Project put on a fabulous breakfast of pancakes, hash browns, and bacon along with all the orange juice, coffee, and fireball you could stomach!  I opted for a bacon / fireball shot breakfast.
Breakfast of Champions 5th place riders....


The course looked a little something like this:


A really fun version of the classic Clayton middle school location with a lot of small barriers in tight corners that "could" be ridden.  This of course translated into a bunch of over the handlebar crashes (including yours truly).  I know the Cranking Glass Photography guys got a bunch of shots of this and I'll post them as soon as they update their sight! 

The end result for me was a 5th place finish in the men's B category, which landed me in 3rd place for the years series (personal note...YES!).  This result is a little deceiving because there is a huge field of men's B +35 racers who are notably faster than me.  But hey, they chose to race against the other old guys and I threw my hat in the ring with the guys half my age, which gave me a shot at placing a bit better!

Here are the series results for the B's.


And the B +35.


Anyway, it was a good way to finish off the season.  I'll update this with a bunch of pictures as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment