Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Add a little dirt to your diet.


I posted on this last fall...but it seems a the local bicycle world is a bit slow these days in terms of news and blog content.  So here's a reminder.  If your commute is getting a little routine, look between the roads and hunt out a 1/10th of a mile of trail here or there.  This little gem (3/10th of a mile!!) is right here (see below) if you happen to live in my neighborhood! 

Yellow=Normal Street Route, Green/Red=Modified Street and Dirt Route

The resulting route change adds about a 1/10th of a mile to my total commute and gives me 3/10th of a mile of dirt riding.  It's not an everyday thing, but it's there if I want it.  So look around your commute....there's probably a back alley, service road, or path that might just provide a little fun on those days where things are getting boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment