Friday, October 12, 2012

Riding biycles in the Rain...woohoo!

Did you ride today!?  I love the changing seasons, you just don't know how fun the commute can be until it gets a little interesting weather thrown in.  I've talked about the cool weather and some of the additions I make, but rain is a different story.

Today the cloud cover actually kept temperatures up over night so not all the cool weather gear was necessary.  I opted for a long sleeve shirt over the t-shirt and jeans, but stuck with sandals for foot gear and gloves just weren't needed.  I'm sure many of you opt out of the ride when it rains, but today it was just spitting rain and a rain coat wasn't even necessary.

Fenders are the key!  I know you don't need them very often in Reno, but the other riders I saw out today probably had wet backsides!

Note the spray off the wheel!

Here's a few shots of the roads and even another brave soul (I did see about 6-7 riders on the way in).  Sorry about the fuzzy pics, not sure what's up with that.


I think the fuzzy shots are due to me thinking about slick roads and snapping the pics really quick.


The glow of tail lights in the cloudy morning.


A very fuzzy fellow cyclist. 

That's right...snow on Mt. Rose, time to get the studded tires ready and the skis tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment