Wednesday, January 9, 2013

To Protect and Serve.....bicyclists!

I know that some of you probably still think the river path is the turf of the less desirable here in Reno (meaning the homeless).  However, I spend enough time on the path to know that while they are around, they are pretty much harmless, especially the "regulars" who hang out each day at the same place.  Heck, their even friendly.....most of them know me just by seeing me ride by and now they even give a wave or nod of the head when I pass by.

However, if you think you're safety is in question, I present evidence to the contrary (via my new correctly focusing camera)!


I've (personally) seen three patrols just since Christmas!  So RPD is putting some resources out there for us, and other than the "regulars" the transient population on the path is way down.  Now before you say it's just due to the cold....before Christmas there were quite a few "less desirable" on the path and it was just as cold.  Once the patrols picked up the numbers definitely dropped. 

So if you are crazy enough (like me) to exercise outside in the winter.  Get out on the river path and get in a jog or ride!  The more people who use it the less desirable it will be to "live" on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment