Wednesday, November 20, 2013

First hint of a winter season...and road grit.

Yep, it actually rained in Reno (and more importantly snowed in the hills).  I've been watching the weather just a bit, waiting for this.  So last night I diligently went out to work on the Xtracycle which has been in some need of TLC.  Mainly, a broken shifter cable I've been ignoring for a month, a flat tire, and reinstalling the rear fender.

Patched tire (check), replace shifter cable (check), fender reinstall (almost check).....

Had to give up on that one about 10:30 because it's a super custom fit with the larger rear tire I run on that stupid thing.  I just couldn't find the special screw I filed down to fit the inside the fender mount!  Anyway, still not a big deal.  It has been running without the rear fender and the back deck mostly catches the water....so I called it a night.

However, when I went to roll out this morning I notice the rear tire had a slight wobble/bulge and an ominous squeak each rotation.....and I needed to leave for work.  So I'm back on the Salsa with no fenders.  Needless to say I have grit in my beard, on my face, a stripe up my backside, and all the other features of a wet cyclist can boasts.

I tried to document it but apparently I'm so disheveled I can't even work the camera.


I was trying to show the grit and dirt that I was covered in....you'll just have to take my word for it.  Or, if you rode today...you probably already know!


No comments:

Post a Comment