Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How to avoid traffic delays....


So....they closed down a few lanes on 395 (I-580....or whatever).  Between this and the fact that drivers are having to locate the controls to their windshield wipers for the first time in 9 months, the world has apparently come to an end according to news coverage.

I get it.  It's an inconvenience, and traffic does grind to a very slow pace during the rush hour times.  Many people have figured this out and the side streets are pretty busy as well.  This is simply the cost of maintaining your infrastructure folks.  If they didn't do this type of work (once every 30 years for this particular section), the same folks would be complaining about the "horrid" condition of the road.

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again.  Don't like the traffic.  Wish you could pass 100+ cars that are backed up along Mill St.?  YOU CAN!!!!  Just ride your bike!!!  The bike lane is literally never backed up.  As an example, today on the Mill St. portion of my commute, I passed 87 cars!!??  Yes, I counted and yes, this is a personal record.   It's totally related to the new construction and it made my day!!!

So anyway, bike week might be over.  You might want a rain coat.  But if you too want to fly through grid locked traffic with a ridiculous grin on your face, try bike commuting.....you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment