Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bike Bingo Blackout!

Ok....I'm offended if you think I drank so much during bicycle bingo that I blacked out.  Apparently, this is the term used if you fill every spot on your bingo card! That being said there were a few beers consumed once the card was filled.


I didn't really intend to go for it....but given that the grand prize available only via the blackout ticket was a jet light, I figured it was worth the effort.  Honestly, it wasn't that hard (only takes about 1/2 hour) and I was introduced to several businesses that I wouldn't normally have visited.  And now I know I have to go back and check them out more thoroughly!  So get out and hit some of the other bike to work week events....they are a blast.  Now to the pictures.

The whole shebang was quarterbacked out of the Statewide Lighting parking lot.

Midtown District and Midtown Creative Coalition were in on the fun.

Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance is the organizer of everything bike week....thanks Julie and everyone else!

Did you know that Washoe County Libraries offers bike up service!!??  They frickin' do!

Nom-Eats food truck was passing out FREE mini-burritos!  They were amazing....and generally I am a meat eater!  I will be finding them for a full meal in the future!  Reno Bike Project also ran a very nice bike valet service!

There were ton's of prizes for each "bingo" you earned.  You had to fight to get your tickets!


Did I mention a kiddie parade and kiddie obstacle course!?  By the way....most of the kids rode the obstacle course better than the adults.  Not even sure what that says about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment