Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Please don't do this....


Yesterday, I took a bike ride on lunch.  Just to get out before the temperatures drop.  One last chance to  ride in shorts and a t-shirt?  It was the perfect temperature for a leisurely ride and I had a surprisingly good time for just tooling around in some corporate "neighborhood".  I figured I'd get to snap a few pictures that I could put up here and ramble on about something.  I had no idea that I'd get something so good to blog about! 

The worst part is there are parking lots on both sides of this street less than 25 ft. from the two vehicles.  They would even be closer to the doors if they parked in the parking lot!  So really, I'm at a bit of a loss here.  It's pretty clear it's defined as a bike lane (at least I think that's what the symbol they drove over indicates) and not a parking lane.  My only guess is that they are hoping for a really quick get away at the end of some boring meeting!?

1 comment:

  1. We have a problem with people parking on our bike paths along Highway 50 in east Carson city. I think it's only a $25 fine, and there really isn't enough enforcement staff to give tickets anyway. And like your situation, there is parking in the dirt along side the path! We've been working with the city on this and have added more signs. Funny though, some of the businesses, used car dealers in fact, are not happy that we would try to take their parking!

    ReplyDelete